Introduction about ARAM
ARAM is involved in servicing the community since March 2016.
- Providing financial help to the needy people in Education / Health (either in India / or in Local) - based on constraints.
- Also work with local community groups to provide support through ARAM’s volunteer team.
- Provide a base to grow as a community.
Our commitment / Work
- Conducting 4 major events in a year (Tamizh Puthaandu, Summer Celebrations, Deepavali and Pongal).
- Ad hoc events like Sports Tournaments (Cricket, Throw ball, Volley ball, Carrom, Table Tennis), Kids Summer Camp, Women's workshop etc. - Open for Members and Non-Members.
- Donated $1350 to 6 Organizations (3 in India & 3 in Chicago Region) in 2017.
- Donated to Hurricane Harvey (Texas USA), Ockhi Cyclone Affected. KARD (India), Jeeva Jyothi Orphanage (India) - 1300$ in 2017.
- Donated $400 to SEED, an Organization rendering service for the children of Life Prisoners, victims of serious crimes and also for deserted children.
- Helping 19 kids for their education in India (for 5 years) by joining hands with Tamilnadu based NGO.
- Conducted 'Helping Hands for Needy' to collect clothes to donate to mentally disabled hospital (Chennai) and Conducted 'Food Drive' to donate food supplies (worth for 1 week) for 20 families who got affected in Fire Accident @ Westmont in February 2017.
- Conducting Thirukkural Class & Tamil School. Both are weekly classes for an hour.
- Donated $1671 for Kerala Flood relief fund to help the affected families.
- Donated $1000 in November 2018 to Akshaya Trust, an organization for Orphans and Old Age people.
- Donated $1031 to the families of deceased soldiers from Pulwaama attack.
Event Fee : << Based on Event >>
ARAM will not serve / encourage consumption of alcoholic drinks during any of our Events.
Our Committee Members are always available to answer any questions. Please write to [email protected] or contact us by clicking here.